Thursday, August 12, 2010

Last Blog & Last Day For Me

Today is the last day before we leave to go home and it is very hard to be able to enjoy whats left of your time here when you don’t know when you will be back. I have built several relationships with Jamaicans here and it has been hard to say good bye. Well this past weekend and this week we have had a few meetings about going home and how to cope with things. I do not know how I will react to leaving and arriving back into the States. I had to start saying goodbyes last week when I went to the infirmary and I thought it was going to be a lot harder emotionally for me. I actually had a great time with my dear lady Beatrice, about half way through our time together she asked me when I was coming back and I told her I don’t know. She started to cry and after awhile I started to realized that its so dumb of me to sit here with her and cry over this when we have 45 more minutes together, so I totally put a smile on my face and started to enjoy every second that I had left with her. I will truly miss being able to go to the infirmary and spend time with her, she has a lot of wisdom for a old lady. The past couple of days this week have been awesome being able to spend time with my Jamaican friends and mento. I have gotten the chance to hang out with my mento more than I thought before I have to tell her good bye today. My mentos mom had told me that she has already gotten upset about me leaving. I didn’t realize that she was going to get upset. She is a very sweet little girl that will always have a special place in my heart that I will never forget. I can’t wait to see all my friends and family at home though but well never forget my expereince and the people here in Harmons, Jamaica.

Ashlee B

No comments:

Post a Comment