Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Opportunity

     Hello everybody!  This is Tim and sadly the Summer Staff's time is coming to a close here in Harmons.  We are currently hosting Emmanuel Bible Church from Pennsylvania this week and then the next week we will spend saying goodbye to each other and all the friends we have made in Harmons.  For me, this summer seemed to fly right by.  I've tried my best to make the most of every moment handed to me and because of that, I've often found myself in situations where I may not be comfortable.  I always do remind myself though that being the hands and feet of Jesus certainly don't require your being comfortable but do require your faith and availability.  With those two attributes freely offered to Christ, He can mold you and shape you into the person He desires for you to be.  With that being said, I will make mention of my prayers this summer.   One thing that I prayed for was for God to grant me opportunity while serving in Jamaica.  I prayed for opportunities to let people know that I care for them and appreciate them.  I prayed for opportunities to let me speak a word of love and encouragement into people who need to receive it.  All in all, I prayed for opportunities for God to use me to be a blessing and show His love to people who need it.  Although these opportunities weren't always easy to see and I'm sure I missed them a few times, they were always there.   Ask and you shall receive!

No comments:

Post a Comment